MathCast is a mathematical equation editor. These equations can be used in written documents, webpages, and even databases. They could be rendered graphically to the screen, to picture files, or to MathML - today’s leading standard language for describing mathematics.
MathCast is useful for math teachers who need to insert equations to learning resources in LeMill:
- Create an equation in MathCast
- Copy the equation. By default all equations are copied as BMP images.
- Open some graphics editor (for example Paint) and paste the image.
- Save the image as PNG file. This is the best format for publishing equations as images.
- Add the PNG file to LeMill as a media piece.
MathCast is free and open source software that runs on Windows 2000 and Windows XP.